Monday, May 30, 2011

New Blog

I think most of you know that I've been toying with becoming a writer. Lots of "life" has happened and there has been a lot about the industry I needed and continue to learn. I have one manuscript I'm working on and two more I'm in currently planning and researching. I also will be attending my first writing conference this fall. One of the things I had to look at was name recognition. There is more than one author that shares my name - and I've already been confused more than once with one of the most popular ones.

I sought the advice of people much more experienced than I am and all of them thought that a pen name would be best. I looked at several variations and ended up with Margaret Metz. I've got a new facebook page under that name, changed my Goodreads account to that name, and I've established a new blog called Through the Fog where I'll be posting from now on. Please join me there. It's pretty empty right now, but I could use all the friends I could get. It's hard starting over.

Thanks and I hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up!! I'll pop on over to your new blog! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog from the ACFW loop and I could relate to you having to switch to a pen name. Glad to know you're going to the conference!

    -Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie - Thanks for your support.

    Joy - I hope I'll see you there.

    ReplyDelete