Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Signed Copy of The Country House Courtship

I'm having my first contest of the year and you're all invited. :o)

The Country House Courtship is the much-awaited final book in the series by Linore Rose Burkard. I really liked the first two books and pre-ordered this one, but it has been so popular that Amazon just notified me that my copy cannot be shipped until the end of the month. :o( So, one of you will be much luckier than I will be. The author has agreed to send an autographed copy to a reader of my blog as long as I have at least 10 distinct comments.

The rules of the contest will be: 1. Leave a comment (+1 entry), 2. Become a Follower (+2), 3. Established Follower (+3), 4. Advertise the contest on your blog (+4), 5. Chances of winning determined by number of entries and dependent on enough people posting. 6. Void where prohibited. 7. Only U.S. entries allowed. 8. The contest will end on 13 Jan. That is the date I will announce the winner, so all entries and comments must be made by midnight the night before (Central Time). The winner is chosen randomly by a disinterested party (not me).

Now for the fun stuff!

Short description of The Country House Courtship

England, 1818: It has been five years since Ariana Forsythe married The Paragon, Mr. Phillip Mornay. Now, Ariana's sister, Miss Beatrice Forsythe, is seventeen and determined to marry advantageously as well. (Surely Ariana's society connexions all but guarantee Beatrice's success-especially if Mr. Mornay is created a baronet by the Prince Regent!

But the Mornay's have disappeared from high society as they raise a family at their country estate. Can Beatrice persuade them to chaperone her in London? And what about her business with the curate, Mr. O'Brien, whom Beatrice rashly promised to marry years earlier? She is too sophisticated now to settle for a mere clergyman-despite his agreeable countenance and gentle, understanding ways. When Mr. Tristan Barton becomes tenant of the Manor House, Beatrice's hopes seem to have found their object. But when Ariana falls gravely ill, secrets come to light, motives are revealed, and pretenses that are easy to keep up in the darkness begin to crumble. As hearts are bared and truths uncovered, a country house courtship like no other cannot be far behind!

Fans of Linore's first books, Before the Season Ends, and The House on Grosvenor Square, will be delighted with final addition to the Regency Inspirational Series, as will all readers of historical romance.

Would you like to know more? Here's a link to read an excerpt from the first chapter:

Excerpt PDF from "The Country House Courtship"

What do you hope for when you get to the end of a series like this one? Have you read the other two books? I hope you enjoy the contest. :o)


20 comments:

  1. +1 Please enter me into the drawing for The County House Courtship
    +3 I am an old follower
    +4 I have your contest on my blog http://edna-myfavoritethings.blogspot.com/

    mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great contest! I'm supposed to get a copy through FIRSTWildcard so don't enter me! This sounds like such an awesome book though and I can't wait to read it! I LOVE the Regency period!

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good regency (though not a fan of Austen- interesting right?) I have not read the first two, but they have interested me. I hope you don't have to read them in order, because I would love to win this one! Thank you. :)

    caseym(dot)writer(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a wonderful book. Please enter me.
    I just joined on as a new follower.
    ludeluh(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I joined as a follower, but that's just because I LOVE you right now! What a sweet comment to leave on the Moody blog about my book. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this sounds like a wonderful book....thanks for the opportunity to read it :)

    karenk
    kmkuka(at)yahoo(dot)Com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds great! I haven't read the other two books, but it sounds like a series I would like. I think when I get to the end of a series, I just want a happy ending and for all loose ends to be tied up :)

    +1 Please enter me
    +3 Old follower
    +4 Link here: http://inthehammockblog.blogspot.com/

    inthehammockblog (at) gmail
    Thanks for hosting the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really, really want to read this series! I've been meaning to buy the first two for weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah...hahaha I just joined as a follower, and left a comment!
    Jennafraugh(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great contest! :) I have the second book sitting on my TBR shelf but I've been wondering if I should read them in order?? When I get to the end of a series I like all the characters living happily ever after.

    I've been a follower and I am going to blog about your awesome contest now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a follower and would just love to read this book. I adore regencies.

    carlagade [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to win this!! Please enter me:) Thanks!!

    esterried[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoy Regency period stories and Linore does a beautiful job capturing that time. I enjoyed the first two books and would love to see what choices Ariana makes for life and love. Thanks for a chance! +1

    Old Follower +3

    worthy2bpraised[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love regencies! I just became a new follower!

    srfbluemama at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please enter me into your contest!! I am a new follower, and I've posted this contest on the sidebar of My Own Little Corner of the World

    faithfulgirl4[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just wanted to let you all know that I am keeping tabs on your entries. I thank you for your comments, and I wish you all the best of luck!

    Angie & Casey ~ I would read them in order because the characters continue from one book to the next. I suppose since it's now about the younger girls you can read this one by itself...

    Yep now that I think about it, you can probably get away with it. You'll like it better if you've read the other ones because you'll know the main characters from the other books though. Know what I mean?

    Anyway, if you win, you still get a free book - which you can either read right away or keep until you buy (or borrow) the other two - your choice. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. And the winner is.........


    Katy! Congratulations! I'll email you and get your address to the author so she can send your autographed copy out to you. Thank you to everyone for entering.

    I already have another contest lined up for the not too distant future, so keep watching. :o)

    ReplyDelete