Sunday, March 7, 2010

Winner & An Apology


I wanted to announce a winner in my contest for my copy of Judith Miller's Somewhere to Belong.

I know I'm a day late, and so I did include my late entry (Thank you Martha for your comment and entry) and the random pull ended up picking ... {imagine a drum roll}


April! Congratulations and thank you to everyone for entering. If you didn't win I encourage you to check this book out from wherever you purchase your books. It was a wonderful read with great characters.

I'll be sending April an email to get her mailing address.

In the meantime I wanted to apologize to all my blog readers for being AWOL. I was in the Army, but for those of you not familiar with that term, I just mean for not being around and not warning you ahead of time.

I got pretty sick. I think the stress of everything going on coupled with some kind of stomach bug got me. With my special health blessings I could barely move off the couch, and didn't even read much. Plus my desktop computer is dying - repeated crashes in the last few months. The hard drive is failing. They tried to fix it, but it didn't work. The warranty is up - so we bit the big one and got a new computer. It came in and the last two days I have been trying to switch over everything I can. I can't save everything though - especially since there are some compatibility issues with some of my programs and Windows 7. Grrr. lol

So, I'm sorry for not keeping up and I will try to do better. For those of you who wanted to know, my husband took a job as a car salesman on Monday. He works from 8 am 'til 8:30 pm every day except Sun & Wed. It is just over 30 min away. They don't pay for gas or give him a car. They won't allow personal calls or cell phones. It pays $1500 (a month) for the first 3 months as a safety net - then it is strictly what you make selling cars. They actually make up costs that take away from the earnings of their salesmen. They make them pay for their own business cards - but they can't go get the best deal - the dealership designs & orders them & charges the salesmen. They make the salesmen pay $10 to deliver cookies to each customer they sell a car to. Stuff like that.

He doesn't really like the job, but he is so grateful to have a job and likes the people. He's still in training but hopes to do well. We're also still praying that another job may open up with better hours and pay, but we're thankful for what God has given us. We were also able to refinance our mortgage to save some of the payments and the interest rate - plus it buys us a couple months off on payments. We praise God for all these things. Thank you all for praying. Now - I promise to get back to the books. :o)

7 comments:

  1. Congrats to April! :D

    Oh Lee, I'm sorry to hear you've been so sick! I wondered where you were. Though I haven't been posting much lately, I do try to visit y'all from time to time.

    Glad to hear your hubby got a job! And, you got a new computer! YAY!

    You and your family are still in our prayers. :D

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, April! :)

    I'm going to put this book on my wish list. :)

    I'm glad to hear your hubby got a job. Sorry to hear you've been so sick..hope your feeling much better now. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear you've not been feeling well! :-( I hope you get better soon! I hope your hubby sells a ton of cars! ;-)

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you've been sick, Lee, I hope you are feeling better soon. It sounds like your husband's new job has some ups and downs, I hope it works out for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard from April yet, I may need to pick a new winner if I don't hear from her soon. :o(

    Andrea ~ Blessings to you and prayers for your family.

    Lori ~ I noticed that you hadn't posted much either. Just busy? I hope things are well with you and I look forward to staying in touch better.

    Angie ~ Thanks and I hope to be feeling all the way better soon too. ;o)

    Renee ~ He's still stuck in training, but we are hoping for good things. Thank you for your well wishes.

    Carrie ~ I think I owe you an apology. I'm pretty sure I called you by the wrong name before. I don't know where I got the idea, but I hope you'll forgive me. You're right about the job, but we're thankful he has something right now. It had been too long without a paycheck.

    Thank you all for your support.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much. I have sent my info. I am sorry you have been sick. I have also had a bad stomach virus that wipes you compeletly out. Blessings.
    tarenn98[at]yahoo]dot]com

    ReplyDelete