Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Update on the fines for reviews for free books

I have been following this "situation" closely because the wording doesn't seem to discriminate with how you got the free book, so it wouldn't matter whether an author sent it to you or you won it in a contest or what...

In any case, I know some people were planning to get around it by posting a blanket disclosure on their blog. According to this article: Article ~ that won't work, they want it done per post.

Maybe this isn't an issue for any of you, but I just wanted to make sure you knew just in case.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us updated on this..I had planned on doing that..put up something letting people know. Sheesh, they want it on every post! Does that mean if you a friend gives you a book or you get a book from a book swap you have to let them know it was free?? This is crazy. Thanks again for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally insane!! I finally start a blog...and host my first giveaway...and now there's going to be a huge disagreement over "free" books?!?!? Why am I not surprised!! *sigh*

    BTW, Lee ~ Love, love, love the new design!! It's SO you! LOL

    Thank you for keeping us updated!
    ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete