Saturday, August 22, 2009

Preparing for...everything!

It has been a very busy and stressful time in our household. My WIP, Adam's Refuge, has been stalled due to my health problems and some pre-occupation I have been caught up in with the cover art. I need to buckle down and get back to revising or I won't need the cover art.

I have been doing some character sketches on the secondary people in the story. I developed my hero and leading lady fairly well, but I think I needed more work on all the "extras" around them to really help flesh out their characters as well. I have been happy with the results of that.

I am doing research on graphic artists for the book cover. I have been attempting it on my own. I think that not only is this leading to a... less quality product, but it is distracting me from what I need to be focusing on and adding quite a bit of stress because I just don't know how to do it correctly. The only problem is that so far the prices I have seen are enough to add that same amount of stress back into the situation for a totally different reason. If only money were no object.

The other writing I need to do, but have been putting it off rather well is my lesson plans. Most of them are done but I am designing a whole cooking class for my son who has a lot of interest in this area. I have done a few months worth, but I would like to get more done so that once we are in the midst of school, I don't have to worry about playing catch up with this. He is really looking forward to the class and I am looking forward to him taking up some of the cooking duties.

If you haven't stopped by my website, please do. There are two drawings going on for free books right now. I'll share the reviews and which books are up for the drawings in upcoming posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment